The office is one of the studio spaces that have been built out on the ground floor. If you'd prefer your own room instead or want to add a second room to the office share with us, see http://www.bandspacesnyc.com -- the room layout is here. (If you're going to do quieter things, please request our side of the building! It's A-C.) While resident rates are the lowest, we also offer discounts on ongoing Loft rentals for meetings, rehearsals and shows to anyone renting their own room in the building.
G&S Loft Halloween Dark Open
Sat 10.29, 9pm-4am, 21+ (25+ suggested), $20-60* GA / $25 after 1am if capacity allows
[No door sales / online reservations open during event until capacity reached]
Our new location! 267 Douglass St, 3rd fl (ADA accessible)
Buy tickets | Event on Facebook
Social media: @gemini_scorpio #geminiandscorpio #MasqMacabre #geminiandscorpioloft
There are some nights in this town that become legendary. Their sparkle lasts long beyond sunrise, when you might finally meander home. These are the nights you remember, and the reason you live in New York City. This is one of those nights.
Twenty years after we threw our first event...eleven years after we opened our first venue -- and a year after we closed it...three years into a life-altering pandemic...Gemini and Scorpio return with a Halloween celebration like only they can do: an all-night spectacle of riotous live music, dancing, circus arts and late-night revelry, snake-charmed into an absinthe-fueled early-morning speakeasy. The space may still be raw, but you can be here when the first-ever champagne cork is popped: to celebrate our (almost) opening, we pour free bubbly 9-10pm.
- Sxip Shirey and his Jank! Band: dirty electronics, sousaphone and bullhorn harmonica dance party
- Banda Rim Bam Bum: 20-person Carnival brass band from Santiago, Chile infusing pop and traditional songs with Latin rhythms
- Demonic dance floor by DJ Joro Boro
- Fiery mayhem by Sage Sovereign
- Twisted aerial stunts by Alaska The Lost Boy
- Creepy burlesque by Kita St Cyr
- Sideshow lunacy by Anna Monoxide
- Dangerous fortunes by Ambrose
- Surreal soundscapes by DJ Blagg
- Spooky recitations by Jane LeCroy
- Ghostly visuals
- Absinthe and other mind-altering potions by The House of St Eve (yes, t.h.o.s.e. cocktails...)
- More fun TBA! Get in touch if you want to participate.
Dress code: your glamorous, dark, witchy, steampunk best or your Halloween wear. Effort required / no casual wear / if we have to ask, it's not a costume. You WILL be turned away without a refund.
*All tickets offer the same access to the event. Please buy at the highest price you can, to support artists, production and affordable tickets for everyone. For every patron ticket ($60) we add a low income ticket ($25).
COVID safety (WIP, please get in touch w feedback):
- Proof of vaccination is required. We strongly recommend the official NY State Excelsior app, but you can also show your original vaccination card and photo ID (no copies of either).
- Two hospital-grade purifiers (Airpura UV 600) cycle the air. These turn over all air in 2k sq ft twice per hour, capture 99.9% of all particles, and kill germs with UV light.
- In an unlikely case of infection, the ticket system will be used for contact tracing. Contact information is collected from all guests for this purpose.
- Door sales still require full advance registration info, but you have the option to pay cash at door once registered (ie no walk-ups). Alternatively, tickets are available online throughout the event unless we reach capacity. Tip: download the Wild Apricot app for easy mobile ticket purchase, especially if buying last minute.
- Masks are welcome but not required, and are recommended for the dance floor if not keeping 6' apart. We will be operating at lower capacity, but it will not be possible to maintain safe distance at all times.
- All G&S & venue staff have been vaccinated, but may still mask up as they see fit.
Reopening in the fall
Social media: @gemini_scorpio #geminiandscorpio #plumblossomparlor
While we cannot host our usual events in person at the loft, we present our new COVID-safe immersive cocktail experience, Plum Blossom Parlor. Over two months, we've created a jewel-box installation below our main space. It's a luscious indoor "garden" lodge, inspired by The Emperor's Garden: a corner of Forbidden City palace complex in Beijing that was untouched for about 100 years & was being painstakingly restored for the last 15, to open in...2020. Our installation is just a tiny bit of love from Brooklyn to China, at a time when the world couldn't be more split apart. See this article for an in-depth dive on our original inspiration as well as a sneak peek of the project.
How it works. The Parlor is designed for COVID pods of up to eight people (two minimum) and runs entirely unstaffed -- which means masks are not required once you're checked in. Handcrafted libations are pre-bottled & ready to enjoy on the spot or at home. Snack options are available by advance request. A mini couch folds out, if you're booking for movie nights or chill-out experience. You can also reserve for meetings, birthday parties, shoots, Zoom events, etc...as long as no more than eight people are inside at any one time. Just book your time window & enjoy.
How to book. We're open Thur-Sun for three daily sessions: 6/8/10pm. Use the "book" link above to secure your date & time, and if you want to add other options (see additional details below), use the "inquire" link to email us after. To get more time in the Parlor, book back-to-back slots -- you then get the 30min reset break between them as bonus, for a total of 3.5hrs. Full night buyouts are possible as well, as long as there are no more than eight people in the Parlor at any one time. Stay tuned to the mailing list to be the first to know if we add sessions (like Sunday high tea or brunch!) or extend our run.
Gift options. You can gift the experience itself by booking on your recipient's behalf or pick up cocktails, glassware, or even a gold bartending kit during your booking or by making an appointment to browse. Not local to NYC or want to enjoy a taste of the Parlor at home? We can send you a selection of flavors as cocktails, individual custom ingredients, or even cocktail kits. Get in touch through the link above to talk about possibilities.
Show/hide additional details on Plum Blossom Parlor. Don't skip these; it's info you're sure to want to know :)
House cocktails sample menu
Your included cocktails are pre-set in our custom branded bottles, in a selection of these sizes: Small (4oz bottle, 1 drink); Medium (8oz bottle, 2-2.5 drinks); Large (16oz bottle, 4-5 drinks). We can also add custom options, like XL 750ml bottles (6+ drinks) for larger parties or a bottle of bubbly for a special celebration. In addition to the finished cocktails, you have the option to take home some of our custom syrups from The House of St Eve, in S or M sizes. Currently available: Lust (vanilla berry hibiscus), Rosemary, Kaffir Lime, Lemongrass. We can add a gift box & wrap option by request, as well (gift boxes fit up to 4 Sm bottles or 2 Md).
A riff on the Jungle Bird cocktail, named after a Southern China forest bird. Charred pineapple tiki vibes. Dark rum, Skyy pineapple vodka, Campari, pineapple juice, lime.
Mount Emei Martini
Special: sugar free. Like the snowy mountain it's named after, it is powerful, smooth and lofty. Grey Goose vodka, Fino sherry, Regan's orange bitters.
Spirit-forward nightcap with softened edges; traditional meets modern. Pierre Ferrand Ambre cognac, Amontillado sherry, Amaro di Angostura, Velvet Falernum.
Complex, comforting swirl of sweet, sour & smoky. The House of St Eve "Delphine" poppy liqueur, spiced rum, rye, tamarind, Islay scotch, Bohemian bitters.
Iconic oddly-shaped pines of the Yellow Mtns. Tangy, chewy, notes of dried fruit & tobacco. Dry gin, T.H.O.S.E. rosemary balsamic syrup, Elisir San Marzano, Drambuie, mezcal, lime bitters, salt & pepper tincture.
Mu Jin Shu
Special: low ABV. Means "hibiscus" in Mandarin; floral and flavorful while being light. Hibiscus liqueur, ginger lemongrass tea, sweet vermouth, Peychauds bitters.
Season's greetings...from the Far East; warming spices for cold nights. Wild Moon Chai Spice liqueur, Laird's Applejack, Becherovka herbal liqueur, Black Walnut bitters.
Special: excellent in large format. House-favorite twist on a classic. Blanco tequila, Gran Gala orange brandy, local Brooklyn Barrow's Intense ginger liqueur, lime.
Dark vanilla berry spice in tiki form. Mix of dark and spiced rums, The House of St Eve "Lust" syrup, Ramazzotti Amaro, Allspice Dram.