12.12 - G&S Loft Launch Champagne Gala & Fundraiser
Thursday, Dec 12, 9pm-12am, $75, Gemini and Scorpio Loft, Gowanus, BK -- address with RSVP below
A night of thanks for your support, and a fundraiser for ongoing renovations. We have spent every last generously given dollar of your donations (plus our savings and all income from the last two years of G&S events) to make huge changes to what used to be a beat-up woodshop. The place is looking amazing, but the repairs cost more than expected, and we are still $10k in debt. We are extremely excited to have you, the donors who made it possible, be the first to see our loft in its new restored incarnation -- and welcome new supporters who can help us get to the next level.
Live performances, delicious snacks, unlimited bubbly, and loads of hugs. House blessings by "Wild Woman" Kiana Love. Snow Queen human statue performance by Galatea. Tarot readings by Marcy Currier. Dance joy by The Love Show.
All guests receive a special G&S token redeemable for future secret gatherings at the loft. Very small number of tickets available for sale, in addition to existing Kickstarter/Indiegogo backers. Dress code: cocktail attire - classic, or with a G&S twist.
Artists & performers: we'd be so honored to have donations of your time and creativity to this fundraiser. Please let us know if you want to participate.
12.17 - Goldmine! Holiday Shopping Party
Tues Dec 17, 2pm-6pm, 6-10pm, FREE, Gemini & Scorpio Loft, Gowanus BK -- address with RSVP below | Event on Facebook
Have you ever wanted to shop (or at least rifle through) Miss Scorpio's closet? This is your chance. She's teaming up with fellow dress-up addicts and craft-makers for some closet-cleaning and pre-Xmas handmade gift shopping. Think one-of-a-kind vintage, feathers and fascinators, fingerless leather gloves, fun pillows and other gifts, and lots and lots of sparkles. Of course even divas have days off, so there will be plenty of casual wear alongside costume and vintage pieces. Plus: drinks, snacks, music, lounging in our awesome new loft.
Now booking vendors! Whether vintage or handmade, we want your fabulous wearables or crafty art. No fees, but we ask for a suggested donation of 20% towards ongoing loft renovations. You will need to bring your own table or racks.
Featuring the handmade designs of:
- 3rd Earth Designs - 100% Cotton dance basics and fun spandex party wear
- Ali Luminescent - representing a handful of international designers whose work you can only get through her directly
- Amalgam Nouveau - up-cycled GypsyFaery jewelry and fascinators for the rustically elegant time-traveler
- Beautiful Mutant Art - one-of-a-kind stuffed animals & paintings
- Dana Divine - adornments for your hair and soul
- IwantMIR - natural gemstone and metal jewelry
- Galore - convertible zippered bags/belts
- Lamia Gloves - the fingerless leather gloves of choice for NYC party people
- Marceline RetroGaming - handmade 8-bit items for geeks and retro-gamers
- Make Fun Studio - when you need the perfect circus leotard or stilt pants
- Pinkitrix - whimsical costumery and colorful headpieces
- Sarah Sparkles - selling signed copies of Parades, Parties, and Protests, as well as handmade jewelry and hair accessories